Saturday, June 14, 2014

Foam Roses - Part Two (Flower Girl Basket)

Using the foam roses I created a flower girl basket for my niece. All the roses were secured in so that if little miss happened to turn the basket upside down nothing would fall out. This was highly important as she was only 18 months old.

Here is the basket.

I bought the wicker base from Spotlight and it did not have handles so I had to make those myself. Yes you could just buy a basket, but at the time I couldn't find one so I had to be creative. The handle is a piece of clear plastic tubing with wire threaded through and attached to the wicker base. I wrapped satin ribbon around the handle and created bows at either end. I sat a green foam brick (Florist Foam) in the base of the basket and secured it with wire. Using the wire stems I stuck each rose into the green foam brick. Just like with the bouquets I used a mix of large/medium roses and staggered the shade of pink. The roses were not pushed all the way down as I wanted to create a soft arch.

Here is little miss with the basket.


No comments: