Saturday, June 14, 2014

Foam Roses - Part One (Bouquets)

Task 1. Creating my own wedding bouquets.
I decided to use foam roses to create my wedding bouquets as they looked realistic, had different colour options, could be manipulated and were in my price range. I found them at Spotlight and they were sold in colour/size bunches i.e 5x large white, 10x medium baby pink or a packet of baby roses. I wanted soft shades of pink so these were perfect.
My bouquet was shades of pink and the 3 bridesmaid's had white bouquets.
I used a foam ball as the base of my bouquet and used the wire stem of the roses to pierce through it. I used a mix of medium and large roses to create the bouquet and for mine I staggered the shades of pink.
(Tip: The size of the foam ball determines the size of the bouquet, wish mine had been a bit bigger).
Once the ball was covered in roses, I twisted the wire stems together at the base to create a "handle". The handle was too skinny, so I added some padding by wrapping napkins around the wire and securing with masking tape. As a finishing touch I wrapped satin ribbon around the handle and secured it with pins. I also added the fake leaves to hide the bits of foam ball showing at the base.




















And here are the finished bouquets.
I was pretty impressed with the result, as they have the look of real roses without the cost. 
Here are some photos from my wedding.



No comments: